Metropolitan Hospital achieved one more international distinction through its certification as a Center of Excellence in the surgical treatment of patients suffering from abdominal wall hernias (“Center of Excellence in Hernia Surgery”) by the greatest global organization in surgical certification, the Surgical Review Corporation (SRC). This is a premium distinction, granted for the attainment of the highest international standards in the rendering of specialized healthcare services, a privilege enjoyed by only a few exclusive hospitals worldwide.
Metropolitan General was granted this international certification as a Center of Excellence after an exhaustive evaluation of a series of parameters, such as:
- Our high degree of success and safety in rehabilitation operations on abdominal wall hernias.
- Our use of state-of-the-art medical-technological equipment.
- Our solid application of quality policies and protocols.
- The experience and the training of our surgeons.
- The excellent training of our nursing staff.
This supreme distinction certifies the high quality and effectiveness in all stages of surgical treatment provided to all our patients: starting from the initial counseling session, diagnosis, surgical operation by a certified surgeon, hospitalization and postsurgical recovery, including all follow-up examinations to our patients.
Metropolitan General’s certification as a Center of Excellence in the surgical treatment of patients suffering from abdominal wall hernias strengthens the commitment of our Medical Centers, our associated physicians and the entire Hellenic Healthcare Group in the on-going development and improvement of healthcare services rendered to our patients.
Specifically, the distinction of Metropolitan General as a Center of Excellence guarantees:
- Full conformance of our Medical Centers with strict quality protocols during diagnosis, treatment and postsurgical phases to all our patients suffering from abdominal hernias. These protocols are determined by SRC, the international monitoring and accrediting corporation, and are in effect for all internationally renowned hospitals in the world.
- Maximum safety, high quality and effectiveness in each and every stage in the surgical treatment of our patients.
- Extensive surgical experience since the carrying out of a great number of abdominal wall hernia operations each year is a precondition for this kind of supreme certification.
- Metropolitan General’s cooperation with accredited surgeons as Surgeons of Excellence and Master Surgeons in Hernia Surgery, in other words, with top surgeons in terms of experience, technical and clinical expertise and our exceptional outcomes in abdominal wall hernia surgery.
- Unwavering adherence to all monitored procedures set by SRC as mandatory for participation (safety, effectiveness and efficiency).
- Continuous training and education of our medical, clinical and nursing staff.
- On-going evaluation of our surgical program personnel and associates.
The Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
Founded in 2003, SRC has been ever since an internationally recognized, non-profit organization focusing on patient safety with recognition and improvement of surgical medical care as its primary goals. SRC certifies leading hospitals, surgeons and healthcare professionals in the fulfillment of its recognized standards. All certifications bear the stamp of the Coproration and it is the hallmark of excellence.
Dr. Fotios Archontovasilis, General Surgeon,
Chief of 6th Surgical Department of Metropolitan General,
Surgeon of Excellence in Hernia Surgery, Master Surgeon in Hernia Surgery
Tel. : +30 210 6502850
Dr. Charalampos Spyropoulos, General Surgeon,
Chief of Minimally Interventional Digestive System, Obesity and Diabetes Surgery Clinic and
Chief of the 3rd Surgical Clinic at Metropolitan General, Surgeon of Excellence in Hernia Surgery, Master Surgeon in Hernia Surgery
Tel.: +30 210 6502952