The Department of Neurology runs:
- A General Neurologic and Psychiatric Outpatient Clinic
- A Neurophysiology Laboratory
- Epilepsy Investigation Department
The diseases treated pertain to the central and peripheral nervous system, such as strokes, syncopes, epilepsy, neuropathies,polyneuropathies, myopathies, muscular atrophies, multiple sclerosis, dementia and memory disorders, cervical syndrome, migraines, headaches, tinnitus, motility disorders (Parkinson’s disease, tremor, dystonias, spasms, paralyses), balance disorders (vertigo, abnormal gait), vision disorders (diplopias), sense disorders. The Department also treats psychiatric conditions, such as emotional disorders (depression, mania), psychotic conditions (hebephrenia, schizophrenia), neuroses, stress.
The most advanced treatments are applied, according international neurologic and psychiatric (psychotherapy, autogenous training) treatment standards, and with the assistance of high-end medical equipment.
The Department of Neurology operates on a daily basis by appointment, and fully collaborates with all the medical specialties and therapeutic Departments of the Hospital.
The following tests are conducted:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Brain mapping
- Upper & lower extremities/face electromyography (EMG)
- 24- to 96-hour electroencephalography video recording
One of the few laboratories in Greece to have an up to 64-channels video-EEG with the capacity of long-term recording and intraoperative electrocorticography (ECoG)
- Visual Evoked Potentials – VEPs)
- Upper & lower extremities somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs)
- Repetitive stimulation test (Desmedt)
- Blink reflex test
Contact Number: +30 210 650 2960