The Lab has top-notch equipment such as a Full High Definition endoscopy tower and high-resolution video-endoscopes using the latest techniques in Chromoendoscopy and Νarrow Βand Ιmaging for higher diagnostic accuracy.
Diagnostic upper GI (gastroscopies and duodenoscopies) and lower GI endoscopies (colonoscopies and capsule endoscopies) are performed.
Upper and lower GI interventional endoscopies
- Dilation of stenosis in the esophagus-stomach-bowels, either with bougie- or balloon-dilation.
- Stent placement in stenoses of the esophagus-duodenum-colon. Emergency stent placement in colonic ileus (preoperatively performed to serve as a bridge with the surgery: reduction of morbidity – shorter hospital stay – enterectomy and end-to-end anastomosis, all performed at the same time).
- Endoscopic treatment of esophageal achalasia
- Foreign body removal from the upper and lower GI.
- Management of varicose- or non varicose-related bleedings present in the upper of lower GI, utilizing the full spectrum of hemostatic techniques (infusions of adrenaline-acrylic adhesives-firming agents / Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC) thermopexy / bipolar or monopolar electrosurgery / clips placement / variceal banding.
- Esophageal varices banding: chronic and preventive treatment
- Mucosal resection of early neoplasms and precancerous lesions (mucosectomy)
- APC-assisted endoscopic therapy of gastric antral vascular ectasia syndrome (GAVE-Watermelon stomach)
- Upper and lower GI polypectomies