Our Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory addresses all diagnostic and treatment needs of our patients, whenever needed, 24 hours a day. It features two state-of-the-art and fully equipped laboratories, modern angiography systems and latest technology digital coronary angiogram assemblies including innovative 3D vascular mapping systems designed to image cardiac structure and real-time local EKG.
The Department enjoys international distinction on account of its extremely low rates of post-coronary angiography/angioplasty complications. These are admittedly due to:
- Its staffing by specially educated and renowned surgical cardiologists and an experienced nursing and technical personnel.
- Its strict compliance to and application of comprehensive hospitalization protocols.
The diagnostic and treatment controls conducted in our Lab include:
- Diagnostic coronary angiographies
- Complete hemodynamic studies
- Diagnostic intracoronary ultrasonography
- Pericardial paracentesis
- Endomyocardial biopsies
- Coronary balloon angioplasty
- Intracoronary stent placement
- Intracoronary atherectomies (rotablation)
- Balloon valvuloplasty
- Balloon pericardiotomy
- Diadermic atrial septal defect
- Emergency post-severe infarction angioplasty
Our Lab is one of the select few medical centers in Greece that conduct:
- Diadermic Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) (valve replacement without surgery) using innovative nerve cell protection techniques. Our Lab applied its cerebral protection technique from embolic infarcts for the first time ever in Greece by means of the Sentinel innovative filter device and still is still performing it as such incidents may occur in the course of a TAVI procedure.
- Opening intensely calcific coronary stenoses through the advanced Shockware technique (intracoronary ultrasound lithotripsy) in cases in which other angioplasty techniques fail to make the blood vessel patent. Our Center conducted one of the first three incidents in Greece achieving an excellent result while other techniques failed.
- Diadermic atrial septal defect or paravalvular leak
Please note we treat severe incidents (such as infarctions) on a 24-hour basis.
Opening hours: Monday-Friday 07:00-15.00
Contact Number: +30 210 650 2519, +30 210 650 2518