The Department of Hepatology is an independent division of the Department of Internal Medicine and serves to the investigation, evaluation and management of all diseases present in the liver parenchyma and biliary tree.
In particular, the Department of Hepatology monitors patient with:
- Chronic viral hepatitides B and C
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Liver metabolic diseases
- Liver and biliary autoimmune diseases
- Hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma
- Liver cirrhosis and complications (ascites, variceal hemorrhage, hepatic encephalopathy, spontaneous bacterial peritonitis, hepatorenal syndrome)
To better approach the above liver diseases, the Department of Hepatology cooperates, where needed, with other Units and Departments of Metropolitan General, such as the Departments of Gastroenterology, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Medical Oncology and Neurology.
With the use of current technologies, such the Endoscopic Ultrasound, updated CT- and MRI-scan techniques and Hepatic Elastography-Fribroscan, the Department offers comprehensive solutions to the problems of patients with liver diseases.
Contact Number: +30 210 650 2000