Our Department’s key concern is the application of Clinical Dietetics in patients, with the aim to treat any patient in the most comprehensive, fast, personalized and successful way.
The core responsibilities of the staff of the Department of Nutrition include:
- Cooperation with all Departments and Central Kitchen staff.
- Supervising food service and strict adherence to nutritional guidance provided for patient meals planning.
- Inspection of food preparation conditions.
- Daily visits to a large number of inpatients, aiming at direct contact with the patient and his/her environment.
- Provision of indicative nutritional guidance to all discharged patients (subject to their inpatient diet).
- When ordered by the attending physician, Mr. Karafyllidis, Chief of the Department, drafts a personalized nutrition plan for the patient, with a view of improving his/her nutritional profile and adding up to faster recover.
- In close cooperation with the attending physicians and ICU medical staff, the Department provides personalized nutrition plans for enteral and parenteral nutrition in patients with feeding problems and malnutrition.
- In case of patients with feeding problems, the Department’s staff assesses the degree of malnutrition (Nutritional Risk Screening, NRS) and, based on scientific data and international standard practices, plans the nutritional intervention scheme.
- Lastly, Mr. Karafyllidis is in charge of nutritional consultation-support services at Metropolitan General’s Outpatient Department (by appointment only).
Chief: Evmenis P. Karafyllidis BSc (Hons), MSc, NYSCDN, Clinical Dietician – Nutritionist
Contact Numbers: +30 210 6502642 , +30 210 6502000