Metropolitan General's Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory (Department of Echocardiography) is one of the few in Greece and Europe to be accredited by the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging (EACVI) of the Εuropean Society of Cardiology (ESC).
This accreditation pertains to our staff's scientific competence, the various operating protocols we apply, and the suitability of our Lab's infrastructure (equipment, rooms, etc.). The accreditation applies to all three types of echocardiography: Standard Transthoracic Echocardiography (TTE), Standard Transesophageal Echocardiography (TOE), and Standard Dynamic Echocardiography (Stress Echo).
At our Lab, we perform the full range of imaging and diagnostic cardiac testing with state-of-the-art medical equipment.
- Transthoracic echocardiography (Triplex), using the latest techniques (3D echocardiography and 2D strain), when needed.
- Transesophageal echocardiography, using a 3D transducer with 3D imaging capability (essential device in the assessment of valvular diseases and other heart diseases).
- Dynamic echocardiography, using intravenous dobutamine or exercise (Stress Echo), with or without the use of echocardiographic contrast agents (Contrast Echo)
- Standard 12-lead electrocardiography (ECG)
- Exercise stress test (treadmill test)
- Holter rhythm device (24- and 48-hour recording)
- Holter blood pressure device (24-hour recording)
Chief: Agathi Stergiou, Cardiologist
Deputy Chief: Konstantinos Englezopoulos, Cardiologist
Book your appointment: (+30) 210 650 2641
Mon -Fri: 08:00 - 17:00