Worldwide, a huge effort has been put to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and minimize the serious effects of this pandemic. The adherence to basic precautionary measures and the reduction of disease transmission is fundamental in all areas of healthcare facilities.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TEXT CAREFULLY, RESPECT THE HEALTH OF OUR FELLOW MEN WHO ARE CURRENTLY IN THIS SENSITIVE CONDITION OF BEING HOSPITALISED.
Whether you enter the Hospital premises as a patient or as an escort, it is essential that you STRICTLY ADHERE to all health and safety measures below:
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory in all areas of the Hospital and, especially, in the Nursing wards.
- Use of antiseptic for hand hygiene.
- Keep a social distance of at least one and a half (1.5) meters (5 feet).
- ESCORTS SHOULD NOT REMAIN IN THE CORRIDORS WHILE THEIR PATIENTS ARE HOSPITALISED
- Permission to stay inside the Hospital premises is granted only to ONE (1) escort per patient and only on serious grounds.
- Strict observance of appointments booked for Regular Clinics.
PATIENTS AND THEIR ESCORTS MUST UNDERGO COVID-19 TESTING UNDER THE APPLICABLE DECISIONS OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND METROPOLITAN GENERAL'S INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE
- When patients present for consultation/tests.
- When patients present for urgent care.
Please note that ALL patients presenting to the EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT with a serious medical emergency receive IMMEDIATE treatment, while, at the same time, our Hospital staff ensures that all COVID-19 preventive measures and precautions are taken.
Patient escorts visiting the Emergency Department are NOT permitted to stay within the ED areas, they are also subjected to COVID-19 testing, and they are informed and updated by the attending doctor keeping a safe distance of at least 2 meters (6.5 feet).
- PATIENTS AND THEIR ESCORTS ARE OBLIGED TO HAVE THEIR VACCINATION CERTIFICATES (either in hard-copy or in electronic form) AND A PROOF OF IDENTITY WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES — PLEASE NOTE THAT CONTROL PROTOCOLS DIFFER BETWEEN VACCINATED AND NON-VACCINATED CITIZENS
MANDATORY LABORATORY TESTING FOR COVID-19 (PCR TEST, RAPID PCR, Antigen Test) IS SET BY METROPOLITAN GENERAL'S INFECTION CONTROL COMMITTEE.
Escorts and patients must always follow staff instructions to help preserve Hospital cleanliness and class, they must fully comply with all preventive measures and precautions against the infection spreading, and they should immediately inform the competent authority(ies) in case they notice a breach of such precautionary measures.
Each and everyone’s contribution to preventing infections from spreading, and especially Covid-19, is of high importance. You are kindly requested to help us in our effort to ensure that your loved one is in a safe hospital environment and that he/she returns home in a healthy state.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
MEDICAL AND NURSING STAFF