Adherence to basic precautionary measures to limit Covid-19 transmission is fundamental in all areas of healthcare facilities.
Below you will find instructions for patients and escorts according to the last meeting of Metropolitan General's Infection Control Committee:
- Fully vaccinated escorts holding a valid vaccination certificate must undergo an antigen test which will be valid for three (3) calendar days. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated escorts must undergo PCR testing on the first day of their arrival and an antigen test three (3) days after.
- Patient escort cards are valid for three days and are renewed upon presentation of new negative test results.
- Only one escort per patient is allowed. No escort can alternate with another escort. Escorts are not allowed to stay during the night times, except for disabled patients or patients under 18 years old.
- Escorts should not remain in the corridors while their patients are hospitalised.
- Outpatients visiting the Outpatient Department must be fully vaccinated. Alternatively, they can undergo an antigen test in our health facility or a public health facility.
- Inpatients undergo PCR testing every seven (7) days.
- All patients presenting to the Emergency Department with serious and urgent health conditions receive immediate treatment, while, at the same time, our Hospital staff ensures that all Covid-19 preventive measures and precautions are taken.
- Patient escorts visiting the Emergency Department (ED) are not permitted to stay within the ED areas, they are also subjected to COVID-19 testing, and they are informed and updated by the attending doctor, keeping a safe distance of at least 2 meters (6.5 feet).
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory in all areas of the Hospital, especially, in the nursing wards.
- Use of antiseptic for hand hygiene.
- Keep a social distance of at least one and a half (1.5) meters (5 feet).