Metropolitan General is a member of Ηellenic HealthCare Group, the largest private health care group in Greece. It is a state-of-the-art hospital that has the capacity, equipment and infrastructure to comprehensively and responsibly handle any case with regard to diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
It cooperates with experienced and world-renowned physicians and is staffed by highly educated nursing and administrative staff with a high sense of care for you.
Metropolitan General utilizes all current and ground-breaking diagnostic and therapeutic methods; this is why it constitutes a center of reference in the field of healthcare, both in Greece and abroad.
The clinic observes strict international quality standards, and this is why it is awarded distinctions on an on-going basis, which certify its top quality services (Best Hospitals Worldwide 2014, Best Hospitals of the World 2015, Preferred Partner Hospital 2016-2018).
Metropolitan General accommodates:
- 226 beds, in rooms designed according to the highest hotel infrastructure standards
- Οne of the most modern Polyvalent Intensive Care Units of 10 bed capacity, to manage all cases under high safety conditions.
- Οperating on a 24-hour basis 13 excellently equipped operating rooms
- An Emergency Department, operating on a 24-hour basis, 365 days a year
- An Outpatient Department covering all medical specialties
- Specialized Departments and Special Units to provide more effective healthcare
- Diagnostic and Imaging Laboratories for the performance of the entire range of modern and highly specialized tests
- Cutting-edge medical equipment
HHG has 9 leading Healthcare Institutions, Hygeia, Metropolitan Hospital, Mitera, Metropolitan General, Leto, Creta InterClinic in Crete, City Clinic in Kalamata and Apollonion Hospital and Aretaieio Hospital in Cyprus. It also has the advanced diagnostic centers HealthSpot, the home health services Homecare,the diagnostic centers Πlaton Δiagnosis in Thessaloniki and Athens, the Center of Molecular Biology and Genomics A-Lab, and Hygeia IVF Embryogenesis Unit for the most innovative assisted reproduction methods. Y-Logimed and GMP are medical devices trading companies. Business Care is providing occupational safety and healthcare services to businesses and organizations, while Heal Academy stands as the state-of-the-art Training Center, which offers education, advanced training, skills development, and research in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, and all Health Sciences in general.