The Nuclear Medicine Laboratory at Metropolitan General comprises an In Vivo Studies Laboratory for the performance of scintigraphies. Scintigraphies, aka bone scans, study the morphological and functional control of organs via radio-labeled compounds and SPECT γ-camera one of the most modern high-end technology equipment with a double-headed variable angle γ-camera. It delivers top quality scan results for various body organs.
- Stress and rest myocardial scintigraphy, gated SPECT studies
- Thyroid gland scintigraphy
- Parathyroid glands
- Renal, static-dynamic
- 3-phase whole body bone scintigraphy
- Lungs (perfusion, ventilation)
- Brain: brain perfusion scan, ictal-interictal seizure study, DAT scan, CSF flow study
- Gastrointestinal bleeding scan
- Gastric emptying scinitgraphy
- Lymphoscintigraphy: sentinel node detection
- Rest MUGA scan
- Whole body scintigraphy via Ga-67 In-111 octreotide, Ι131. Ι123
The Nuclear Medicine Laboratory accommodates a well-equipped hot laboratory and a shielded waiting room for patients waiting to be scanned.
Opening hours: Monday - Friday 07:00 - 15:00
Contact number: +30 210 650 2569