Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Clinic realizes the most specialized endoscopic interventions internationally in a specifically arranged model endoscopic operating room, using the next generation of endoscopy systems (Exerall 190 series) created by Olympus Corporation, Tokyo, Japan. Our target is the absolute safety of the patient and the maximum technical and clinical efficacy even in the most demanding endoscopic interventions.
The basic activities of the clinic are:
- Advanced diagnostic endoscopic procedures such as: Image Enhanced Endoscopy of the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract for the detection of early cancerous lesions in esophagus, stomach, and large intestine. A special prevention group are patients with Barrett’s esophagus and gastric intestinal metaplasia. To all of our cases, strict endoscopy protocols are applied (High Definition, Image Enhanced Endoscopy with Dual Focus system and Narrow Band Imaging technology), always under anesthesia coverage.
- Advanced interventional endoscopic techniques for removing early malignant lesions of esophagus, stomach, and large intestine. The basic method is the Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) for which our clinic holds international certification, and for which is better known in Greece. For all of our cases, strict diagnostic and therapeutic assessment criteria are applied based on the European, American and Japanese Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE, ASGE, JGES) guidelines. >130 cases are treated annually with Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection – ESD, as many of these cases are referred directly to our clinic by many of our colleagues in Greece and also by big public and university institutes. This fact makes us immensely proud concerning the promotion of our clinic as a reference center and also emphasizes the sense of responsibility towards patients.
- Advanced interventional endoscopic techniques for benign diseases such as esophageal achalasia (POEM), Zenker’s diverticulum (Z-POEM)¸gastroparesis (G-POEM). These endoscopic techniques are based on our great experience in ESD and they offer similar results to surgical techniques with zero morbidity.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) for biliary tract and pancreatic diseases. Our clinic has great experience in the choledoscopy method with SpyGlass (BostonScientific) system for difficult, diagnostically, cases and also in the application of treatments inside the bile ducts for cases of resistant and persistent bile duct lithiasis.
- Endoscopic resection (EMR-Ligation, ESD) and thermal ablation for Barrett’s esophagus with radiofrequency system (RF ablation).
Our recorded experience includes > 800 cases of Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection, > 3000 ERCPs and > 2000 cases of Endoscopic Mucosal Dissection and also a lot of other techniques (POEM, Z-POEM, RF, STER, FTRD, SpyGlass Choledoscopy etc).
The results of our interventions are presented every year in the panhellenic gastroenterology congress, whereas 2-3 complex cases are presented in video-cases form for educational purposes.
The Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Clinic cooperates directly with 2 leading centers in Japan (Shizuoka Cancer Center and Kitasato University) and also with the University Clinic of Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Stefanos Basioukas, Gastroenterologist - Interventional Endoscopist
Charalambis Katzakis, Gastroenterologist
Dimosthenis Gkaragkanis, Gastroenterologist
Stamatia-Lydia Chatzinikolaou, Gastroenterologist
Branislava Stupar, Gastroenterologist
Contact number: + 30 211 990 4371