At our Clinic the patients are treated with all modern and classical methods for all thoracic problems requiring surgery.
All kinds of thoracic surgery operation are performed:
- Pulmonary operations
- Pulmonary excision thoracoscopic operations
- Pneumothorax treatment thoracoscopic operations
- Biopsy and pleural accumulation/empyema treatment thoracoscopic operations
- Classical pulmonary excision operations
- Thymus gland excision operations
- Thoracoscopic operations
- Minimal section operations
- Diaphragm diseases
- Thoracic wall diseases
- Scaphoid chest plastic reconstruction surgery
- Carinal chest plastic reconstruction surgery
- Hyperhidrosis treatment
- Ambilateral thoracoscopic sympethectomy
- Thoracic metastatic disease treatment
- Mesothelioma treatment
- Complex operations
- Combination of all aforementioned procedures
Modern treatment of all thoracic surgery diseases requires a minimal intervention procedure.
Minimal intervention thoracic surgery is the result of many years of experience in thoracic and cardiac surgery procedures, including the implementation of all kinds of surgeries ranging from thoracoscopy to complex pulmonary resection surgeries.
This is the scope of clinical minimal intervention thoracic surgery at Metropolitan General.
What is the minimal intervention technique?
This kind of surgery is performed under general anesthesia by means of a special anesthetic catheter.
The surgical procedure is conducted through three small sections or one single section four to eight cm wide, depending on the procedure and patient.
The nine advantages of minimal intervention thoracic surgery procedures:
- Minimal loss of blood.
- No or minimal stay at the ICU.
- Minimization of pain combined with quick mobilization.
- Reduced risk of infections.
- Minimization of post-operative complications.
- Minimal ward hospitalization.
- Rapid recovery.
- Expedited return to normal living.
- Excellent aesthetic result.
Metropolitan General’s Clinic of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery is staffed by renowned scientific personnel.
Christoforos Kotoulas, Cardiac Surgeon
Ιοannis Panagiotou, Cardiac Surgeon
Lazaros Kalampalikis, Thoracic Surgeon
Contact number: +30 210 650 2127