Our Clinic was established aiming at dispensing advanced services in the fields of endourology and the treatment of lithiasis in the urogenital system. This is a new pioneering clinic, staffed by excellently trained medical and nursing staff. The Director, the Registrars and the Associates are experienced and acclaimed medical doctors with exceptional specializations, operating in a group setting covering the entire spectrum of contemporary urology.
In everyday practice, using the contemporary technological equipment available at Metropolitan General, we conduct state-of-the-art endourology operations and minimally invasive urology procedures. Ureter and renal endoscopy surgery is hailed as a revolution in urogenital system lithiasis therapy. Furthermore, the use of laser technology and the combination of last-generation extracorporeal lithotripsy devices have led to the obsolescence of old surgical techniques for the treatment of lithiasis.
We fully realize the needs of our patients in order to understand the nature of their problems, along with their treatment options. For this reason, our entire Team rallies with patience and readiness, combining monitoring means (informational diagrams, video interventions, questionnaires, etc) for the rendering of the best services to our patients and their families.
- Minimally invasive treatment of urolithiasis
- Microsurgical rehabilitation of andrological diseases
- Hematuria Research Clinic
- Urination Function Control Clinic
- Male Sexual Disorders Clinic
Endourology is a urology specialization dealing with the application of minimally interventional surgery in the treatment of urogenital system disorders, such as urolithiasis, drainage system tumors and obstructive uropathy. Endourology represents a rapidly developing and challenging medical field requiring accurate knowledge and the processing of new specialized technologies.
Endourologists conduct surgeries aided by special endoscopy instruments through the natural anatomic paths in the human body (urethra, bladder, ureters, kidneys), avoiding scalpel incisions. The obvious benefits of endourology and minimally interventional surgical urology are:
- Minimization of blood loss
- Reduction of post-operative pain
- Minimization of hospitalization time
- Immediate resumption of everyday activities
Endourology interventions include:
- Photodynamic cystoscopy
- Transurethral treatment of urethral stenosis
- Transurethral cervicotomy (Transurethral resection TUR of the cervix)
- Transurethral prostatectomy (Prostate TUR)
- Transurethral bladder cyst excision (Bladder tumor TUR)
- Transurethral ureter tumor and stenosis treatments
- Transurethral ureter catheter placement
- Percutaneous nephrostomy placement
MINIMALLY INTERVENTIONAL TREATMENT OF UROLITHIASIS
Until about 30 to 35 years ago, urolithiasis therapy was difficult, especially traumatic, and dangerous, frequently accompanied by severe complications. Today thanks to the developments in urology technology, stones in the kidneys, the ureter and the bladder are treated effectively with minimally invasive methods.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Reno-ureteral lithotripsy (rigid or flexible) (URS/RIRS)
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy (PCNL)
- Combined intrarenal endoscopy surgery (ECIRS)
The method selected for each specific case depends on the position and the size of the stone and the intensity of the problem it may cause to the urogenital system or the entire body (infection, pain, obstruction, renal failure, etc).
MICROSURGICAL REHABILITATION OF THE MALE GENITAL SYSTEM
The expertise and the experience in the use of surgical microscope offer exceptionally improved results in interventions treating male genital disorders (varicocele, azoospermia, etc).
Microsurgical correction is the method of choice in the international medical community in the therapy of varicoceles, while developments in the field of sperm extraction in azoospermic males are focused on microsurgical treatments (micro-TSE, microsurgical testicular sperm extraction).
HEMATURIA RESEARCH CLINIC
Hematuria is a frequent symptom as it involves 2 to 3% of the adult population and 6% of patients attended by urologists. It is also significant that even one single hematuria episode, with no subsequent relapse, may conceal some serious pathology. For this reason a complete diagnostic study is needed.
URINATION FUNCTION CONTROL CLINIC
Bladder functions may reveal pathologies in terms of the state of health, not only of the urogenital system, but also of the entire human body in general.
The urination function controls may include:
- Recording of a medical history
- Clinical examination
- Ultrasound control
- Complete urodynamic control
MALE SEXUAL DISORDERS CLINIC
The International Council for Male Sexual Health stresses that “persons suffering from sexual function disorders are entitled to appropriate medical diagnosis and treatment”.
Erectile disorders should not be treated solely as a problem in patient quality of life, but also as a risk factor in the onset of cardiovascular diseases.
Ioannis Bouzalas, Urological Surgeon
Atzemidakis Georgios, Urologist
Evangelia Samanta, Anesthesiologist, Neural Therapist
Ira Marki, Anesthesiologist
Karatzos Dionisios, Urologist
Contact phone: +30 211 990 4332
Address: Pythagora 3, First floor (across Metropolitan General Central Entrance)
- Hematuria Research Clinic (Monday and Thursday 10:00 -12:00)
- Male Sexual Disorders Clinic (Monday and Thursday 10:00- 12:00)
- Urination Function Control Clinic (Wednesday 11:00-13:00)