- Senology and Breast Surgical Oncology
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery and Reconstruction
- Minimally Invasive and Robot-assisted Breast Surgery Techniques
The 1st Breast clinic offers a modern approach to breast diseases, especially cancer, comparable to that of renowned Certified Breast Centers abroad.
- Breast Surgeon Kornilia Anastasakou was one of the first to use preoperative punch biopsy and oncoplastic techniques in breast surgery and breast reconstruction in Greece for almost twenty years now.
- At our office, a detailed medical history is obtained, both on individual and family levels. Breast ultrasound is our closest assistant.
- At our Clinic, we perform thorough imaging studies on all our patients, in partnership with Metropolitan General's ultra-modern Breast Center which has a state-of-the-art 3D mammography system (digital breast tomosynthesis) and a high-resolution ultrasound elastography device. The Clinic is staffed by highly skilled radiologists-breast imaging specialists (Chief: Mr. Merkouris).
- There is also close collaboration with the Department of Medical Imaging-CT & MRI (Chief: Mr. Kaymenakis) and highly specialized radiologists.
- Breast punch biopsies are performed under local anesthesia and are read in the accredited Pathology Laboratory (Chief: Mrs. Patsea).
- In case of evidence-based calcifications/microcalcifications, stereotactic biopsy may be performed under local anesthesia at the Breast Center to deliver the correct diagnosis and, possibly, avoid surgery.
- Breast cancer surgeries are performed under intraoperative ultrasound guidance to ensure greater accuracy.
- The sentinel lymph node biopsy technique is a routine procedure performed to avoid unnecessary complex surgeries in the armpit area.
- Oncoplastic techniques combining oncological and plastic surgery without the use of foreign materials help avoid unnecessary mastectomies, while they deliver excellent aesthetic outcomes.
- In case mastectomy is indicated, this can be performed with nipple-sparing, in cooperation with a highly experienced plastic surgeon[Mr. Giannis Giannas, MD, FRCS (Plas), FEBOPRAS].
- Our Clinic has partnered with an excellent team of anesthesiologists. Our patients do not experience postoperative pain.
- The operating room has the necessary infrastructure to deliver successful surgical results.
- Women with a family history of cancer may be offered risk assessment and genetic testing.
- Also, we closely cooperate with a specialized psychiatrist and a psychologist, where needed.
- All breast cancer cases are thoroughly reviewed by our Hospital's Tumor Board, where more high-level experts from all related specialties (Breast Surgeons, Oncologists, Radiotherapists, Pathologists, Cytologists, and Radiologists) are involved. Thus, we ensure that each case is carefully studied through a multidisciplinary approach and in the light of the latest international guidelines. We apply individualized approaches and modern, targeted treatments for the benefit of our patients.
- In addition, our patients may receive prescriptions via EOPYY.
- We place great importance on prevention and lifestyle.
Kornilia Anastasakou, MD, FEBS (Breast Surgery), Surgeon, Specialized Breast Surgeon (European Certification)
Ioannis Gryparis, Obstetrician-Gynecologist
Sissy Economidou, Nurse (Technological Educational Institute)
Contact number: +30 211 990 4325 (Secretary)
+30 6978147551(Secretary’s mobile)
Office e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org