The 10th Surgery Clinic was founded targeted in the standards of respective clinics of the major centers abroad by Mrrs Dimitrio S. Mousioli and Emmanouil A. Tsigko, two specialized general surgeons and their team, with a view to cover on the one hand the entire spectrum of the knowledge object of modern General Surgery (with particular emphasis in the minimally invasive methods) and on the other to deal in an absolutely specific way the surgical ailments of the thyroid and the adrenal glands, the colon and the perianal area.
Specialised units that are under the 10th Surgery Clinic is the Center of Surgery for Thyroid and Endocrine Glands and the Center of Minimally Invasive – Endoscopic Surgery of the Rectum and Anus.
The Center for Surgery of Thyroid and Endocrine Glands is dealing with all of the benign and malignant ailments of the thyroid gland, the parathyroid glands and the adrenal glands in which a surgical intervention is required for their treatment approach, as well as all of the endoperitoneic neuroperitorneic oncological ailments.
The Center of Minimally Invasive-Endoscopic Surgery of the Rectum and Anus has been founded and formulated properly aiming at the utilization of the most modern and minimally invasive methods for the surgical handling of diseases of the rectum and the perianal area.
The treatment approach in every disease, oncological and not, is carried out always based on the valid world guidelines and with the use of the most refined and modern technological means.
The high level of specialization and the perfect collaboration of the doctors of the 10th Surgery Clinic with the similar specialties are ensured by an excellent treatment result, applying individualized treatment methods depending on the requirements of the disease of each patient
In the 10th Surgery Clinic, there is handling in open, laparoscopic, and robotic methods all of the diseases within the knowledge field of General Surgery.
In the Center for Surgery of Thyroid and the Endocrine Glands there are the following operations carried out:
- Total thyroidectomy with zero postoperative residue and always with the use of continuous monitoring of the voice or ad hoc neuro stimulation and ultrasound cutoff.
- Minimally invasive total thyroidectomy with (MIVAT) or without the use of a video camera (MINET) and always using continuous monitoring of the voice or ad hoc neuro-stimulation and ultrasound cutoff.
- Through the mouth endoscopic thyroidectomy without section in the cervix (TOETVA) as long as the conditions are met based on the surgical indication for the selection of the technique.
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy always with rapid biopsy and interoperative measurement of parathormone.
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy using video camera (MIVAP), always with rapid biopsy and interoperative measurement of parathormone.
- Functional or radical central - lateral cervical lymph node dissection.
- Reoperations for regression of thyroid malignancy or existence of residue following an operation elsewhere.
- Repeat operations for hyperparathyroidism inn cases of non-successful preceding operations elsewhere.
- Adrenalectomy open and minimally invasive (laparoscopy – or robotic).
- Open and minimally invasive (laparoscopy – robotic) ectomy of endoperitoneic neuroperitoneic tumors.
In the Center of Minimally Invasive – Endoscopic Surgery of the Rectum and Anus are carried out specifically the following operations:
- Laser hemorrhoidoplasty (LHP) for the treatment of hemorrhoid diseases
- Haemorrhoids treatment with the technique of focused ultrasounds HAL-RAR
- Coccyx cyst treatment with SiLaC laser (Sinus Laser Closure) using the newer generation of fibre lasers
- Endoscopic technique EPSiT for the treatment of the coccyx cyst
- Endoscopic method V.A.A.F.T. for the treatment of perihedral fistula
- Laser treatment of the perihedral fistula
- A revolutionary method FIXcision for the treatment of perihedral fistula
- Laser application for the treatment of anal fissure
- Cauterization-excision of anal warts using a laser
- Surgical restoration of rectal proptosis with minimally invasive methods
- Surgical repair of incontinence and stricture of the anal canal
Dimitrios S. Mousiolis, MD, MSc, PhD, Γενικός Χειρουργός, specialized in recto proctology
Emmanuil A. Tsigkos, MD, General Surgeon, specialized in oncological surgery of the thyroid and endocrine glands
Dimitrios Boufas, MD, Endocrinologist
Sammi Nassar, MD, General Surgeon
Ioannis Douvaras, General Surgeon
Dimitrios Mpistarakis, General Surgeon
Anastasios Mylonas, General Surgeon
Maria Xanthopoulou, Anesthesiologist
Contact number: +30210 6502049/ +30211 9904311