The Department of Endocrinology at Metropolitan General investigates and treats any endocrine (hormonal) adult disorder.
In particular, the Department of Endrocrinology treats:
- Thyroid conditions (e.g. hyper- and hypo-thyroidism, bronchocele, thyroiditides, thyroid cancer, etc).
- Pituitary gland and hypothalamus conditions (e.g. pituitary insufficiency, nomas, pituitary adenomas, hyperprolactinemia).
- Disorders of the parathyroid glands and of calcium metabolism (e.g. hyper- and hypo-thyroidism, parathyroid adenomas, hypercalciuria).
- Adrenal glands diseases (e.g. adrenal tumors, adrenal insufficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia)
- Male and female subfertility of endocrine etiology
- Menstrual disorders, menopause and hormone imbalance restoration, acne, hirsutism, hypertrichosis, polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Endocrine hypertension.
- Metabolic disorders (diabetes mellitus, lipid disorders, osteoporosis).
- Nutritional issues focused on obesity/metabolic syndrome.
- Electrolyte imbalance in hospitalized patients
- Hormone secreting tumors in the GI tract
- Endocrine emergencies (e.g. diabetic ketoacidosis, thyrotoxic crisis, hyperosmolar coma, acute adrenal crisis)..
- Preoperative preparation of diabetes mellitus, thyroid dysfunction, adrenal insufficiency sufferers.
- Conduction of dynamic endocrine testing.
Contact Number: +30 210 650 2000