The Department of Interventional Cardiology of Metropolitan General has been planned to satisfy all the diagnostic and therapeutical needs of the patient, whenever it is necessary, 24 hours a day. It offers, besides the precise and complete diagnoses, the most valid treatment solutions which are available today in the domain of interventional cardiology.
The Department is staffed with specially trained and renowned interventional cardiologists and also with experienced nursing and technological personnel.
It is one of the few centers in Greece, where the following are performed:
- Full electrophysiology studies
- Ablations, using latest technologies
- Implantation of pacemakers with innovative technology without electrodes
- Percutaneous Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) (replacement without operation) with innovative techniques for neuroprotection
- Opening of severely calcified stenoses of the coronary arteries with Shockwave (intracoronary ultrasound lithotripsy) novel technique
- Percutaneous valvuloplasties
- Transcutaneous closure of interventricular shunt / paravalvular leak