Metropolitan General’s 4th Orthopedic Clinic provides top quality and comprehensive services, covering the entire range of Orthopedics and Trauma. All procedures performed at the Clinic aim at the minimum burden on patients and their faster resumption of professional, sports and social activities.
Namely, the Clinic’s interest is oriented to several fields, such as:
- Total hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasty
- Revision hip, knee and shoulder arthroplasty
- Trauma/ Sports injuries/ Arthroscopies
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Osteomyelitis, chronic inflammations
- Spine disorders
- Foot conditions
The 4th Orthopedic Clinic is staffed by specialized orthopedic surgeons. For the comprehensive management of particularly complex conditions, and in the light of international documentation and optimum practice, the Clinic cooperates with surgeons from other specialties, where applicable. Postoperatively, but also in cases where surgical treatment has not been chosen, great emphasis is placed on the cooperation with experienced physiotherapists, acupuncturists, nurses or other Healthcare professionals.
The Clinic boasts 150 scientific publications and 2,700 international references. Our research continues both on clinical issues and selected lab disciplines, with a view to:
- Improve total hip arthroplasty bearing surfaces, using special motion simulators.
- Finite element modeling for the investigation of the mechanical efficiency of several types of hip and knee arthroplasty.
- Gene expression of cytokines and growth factors involved in bone absorption induced by unsuccessful hip or knee arthroplasty.
- Antibiotic pharmacodynamics in bones and synovial membrane.
Petros Chatzigrigoris FRCS, FACS, Orthopedic surgeon, Professor of Orthopedics & Medical Engineering
Theodoros Balbouzis, Orthopedic surgeon
Konstantinos Panousis, Orthopedic surgeon
Contact number: +30 210 650 2910 - 11