The 11th Surgery Clinic - Center for Thyroid and Endocrine Gland Surgery was established with a view to treat all benign and malignant diseases of the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, and adrenal glands that require surgical treatment as well as to surgically treat intraperitoneal neuroendocrine oncological diseases.
Any treatment approach applied to any disease, either oncological or non-oncological, is always based on the current global guidelines and the use of the most advanced and modern technological means.
In addition, thanks to our partnership with highly specialized general surgeons in oncological and non-oncological diseases of the peritoneal cavity, our Clinic covers the whole range of modern General Surgery, placing great emphasis on minimally invasive methods.
The surgical procedures performed in our Clinic include:
- Total thyroidectomy with zero postoperative residual disease and always using continuous voice monitoring or on-demand neurostimulation and ultrasound scissors.
- Minimally Invasive Video-Assisted Thyroidectomy (MIVAT) or Minimally Invasive Non-Endoscopic Thyroidectomy (MINET) and always using continuous voice monitoring or on-demand neurostimulation and ultrasound scissors.
- Transoral endoscopic thyroidectomy via vestibular approach (TOETVA), provided that any requirements for the choice of this particular treatment option are met in the light of individual surgical indications.
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy, always using cold-knife cone biopsy and intraoperative measurement of parathyroid hormone.
- Minimally Invasive Video-Assisted Parathyroidectomy (MIVAP), always using cold-knife cone biopsy and intraoperative measurement of parathyroid hormone.
- Functional or radical central - lateral lymph node cervical dissection.
- Reinterventions to treat recurrent thyroid cancer or residual disease following surgery elsewhere.
- Reinterventions to treat hyperparathyroidism in patients with failed previous surgery elsewhere.
- Adrenalectomy, open or laparoscopic.
- Intraperitoneal neuroendocrine tumor resection, open or laparoscopic.
- Treatment of all diseases within the spectrum of General Surgery, open or laparoscopic.
Tsigkos Emmanouil, Surgeon
Milonas Anastasios, Surgeon
Bistarakis Dimitrios, Surgeon
Douvaras Ioannis, Surgeon
Lika Sofia, Anesthesiologist
Contact Number: +30 211 9904311