Education & Academic Titles
- Orthopedic Surgeon, Traumatologist, Sports Medicine Specialist
- Doctorate awarded by the Democritus University
- Postgraduate studies on Healthcare Management (Hellenic Open University)
“Clinical and histological study on the diagnostic value of nail lesions in orthopedic conditions and diseases”.
School of Medicine, Democritus University, Alexandroupolis, Grade: Excellent (7/7/2003)
- Plastic Surgery. Since 02/01/2003 to 01/07/2003, Department of Reconstructive Surgery, 6th Oncology IKA Hospital “G. Gennimatas”
- Thoracic Surgery. Since 02/07/2003 to 02/01/2004, 1st Department of Thoracic Surgery, Regional General Hospital of Thoracic Diseases “Sotiria”
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery. Since 9/1/2004 to 08/1/2005, 1st Department of Orthopedics, Children’s Hospital “P. & A Kyriakou”.
- Scientific co-director of the specialized regular outpatient osteoporosis office at the General Hospital “Asklepieio Voulas”, since 22/2/2005 to 8/5/2006
- Scientific co-director of the specialized regular outpatient office for the Biomechanical Study of the Musculoskeletal System, General Hospital “Asklepieio Voulas”, since 03/2005 to 05/2006
- Scientific associate to the 401 Military Hospital of Athens, 2nd Department of Orthopedics, (Director: Chief Medical Officer Anontogiannakis Emmanouil), since 1/07/2003 to 31/12/2007
- Scientific associate to the Laboratory for the Research of Musculoskeletal System Disorders, since 26/07/2006 to 27/02/2008
- Consultant at the Shoulder Arthroscopy Center, Metropolitan General, since 2006
- Knee, Shoulder, Hip and Ankle Arthroscopy
- Shoulder Surgery (fractures, semi-total, total & reverse arthroplasty Χ
- Total Knee Arthroplasty- Minimally Invasive Surgery. Navigation-assisted and custom-made
- Total Hip Arthroplasty ALMIS
Awards & Distinctions
Annual scholarship granted by the Hellenic Association of Arthroscopy, for the Shoulder Arthroscopy Center at Metropolitan General, since 15/1/2007 to date
- “A simplified arthroscopic outside-in meniscus repair technique”. Technical Note. The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery.
- “Intraoperative arthroscopic suture anchor replacement”. Technical Note. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery.
- “Arthroscopic ACL reconsruction using the quadriceps tendon autograft and bioabsorbable cross-pin fixation”. Technical Note. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery.
- “The triad knot ” Technical Note. Athroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery.
- “Peak bone mass and related factors in young men’’, Journal of Musculoskeletal & Neuronal Interactions. July 2004.
- “Elongation of extensor hallucis longus in Keller’ s arthroplasty”. Foot and Ankle Surgery. Vol. 10, Nr 2. (105) 2004
- “3 in 1 femoral block for the operative analgesia in femoral bone fractures at the emergency department”. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine. September-October 2004. Vol 29, Num. 5, Suppl. 2.
- “The femoral head as an autograft for the reconstruction of the dysplastic acetabulum in total hip replacement. 16 years of experience”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Alteration - increase of angle CE (Wiberg) of the hip joint after Chiari’s osteotomy, for treatment of dyslastic hip of adults with primary osteoarthritis”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Our experience from barrel - vault tibial osteotomy (Maquet’s technique) in osteoarthritic knees with Star external fixation”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “The contribution of axonometry of the lower limb in the conduct of the high tibial osteotomy - Maquet technique”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Traumatic shoulder dislocations in patients older than 50 years”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Arthroscopic reconstruction of anterior shoulder instability. Tachnique - mid term results”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Arthroscopic reconstruction of rotator cuff tears. Technique – early results”. The Journal of the Bone and Joint Surgery. Vol 86-B (168) 2004 Supplement II
- “Clinical and histilogical study of the value of nail damages in the early diagnosis of psoriatic arthritis”. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. Vol 23, No 5, pg 587, 2005.
Membership in Societies and Editorial Boards
- Associate Member of European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy
- Associate Member of European Shoulder Associate
- Associate Member of International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Associate Member of International Society of Musculoskeletal and Neuronal Interactions
- Member of the Hellenic Association of Arthroscopy
- Member of the Hellenic Society of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
- Member of the Hellenic Osteoporosis Foundation
Shoulder Arthroscopy, new techniques, invention and manufacturing of surgical instruments.
Telephone: +30 210 650 2000